CHARLEY C. SUNG
Mr. Sung represents individuals and companies in a broad array of complex litigation matters including insurance recovery, collection, personal injury, legal and medical malpractice, breach of contract, and construction. In addition, Mr. Sung advises clients in all aspects of business and commercial transactions, and represents both sellers and buyers in business purchase settlements for various types of businesses.
Mr. Sung began his legal practice in 2001 in the Washington, D.C. office of DLA Piper. As an associate in DLA Piper's commercial litigation group, Mr. Sung represented nationwide franchise companies and automobile companies in various complex commercial litigation cases. Mr. Sung also represented major pharmaceutical companies in conducting internal investigations and defending investigations conducted by the Department of Justice.
In 2007, Mr. Sung joined the Washington, D.C. office Gilbert Randolph, LLP. Mr. Sung specialized in insurance recovery litigation, representing various trusts formed pursuant to the Bankruptcy Code in coverage litigation against insurance companies. In addition, Mr. Sung represented a class of plaintiffs in a landmark class action lawsuit brought against major title insurance companies for the recovery of title insurance premium overcharges.
Mr. Sung devotes a significant amount of his time to serve the community. He currently sits as a board member on the Howard County Liquor License Hearing Board. Mr. Sung also serves as the Chairman of the Board of the Korean Society of Maryland.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Insurance Recovery
- Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial and Business Transactions
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
- George Washington University National Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2001
- The Johns Hopkins University
- B.A. - Economics - 1998
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- Howard County Liquor License Hearing Board
- Chairman of the Board - Korean Society of Maryland
Past Employment Positions
- DLA Piper US LLP
- Piper Marbury Rudnick & Wolfe LLP
- Gilbert Randolph, LLP
Pro Bono Activities
- Korean Society of Maryland